Today, the folks over at Carbine have flipped the switch on the PTR… and it is now available for logging into… with a small catch. It’s not the full blown PTR.. it’s a limited stability test… here’s the scoop from CRB_Sunshine herself:
Greetings Explorers of Nexus!
Today, we are proud to announce the opening of our Stability Test for the upcoming Free-to-Play Transition! During this early sneak peek of our Closed Beta (Coming Soon!), we invite you, our loyal subscribers, to join us on the PTR Realm for some very critical build stability testing.
At the same time, you’ll be able to start your exploration of the many changes to come! Here’s a sampling of the new features you’ll get some hands-on time with during your participation in the Stability Test:
- Curious about all of those class changes Meerkat and his team have been talking about? Here’s your chance to start crunching the numbers early!
- Ready to challenge yourself against the Dungeon changes Timetravel and his team have been working on? Join the test server and see what you’re made of!
- Eager to learn more about what to expect from Omni-Bits, Loyalty and the Store? Join us today and see for yourself… or join us on Wednesday for a special Store Stress Test (details to follow)!
- Looking to try out a new character ahead of the transition? Grab the Stability Test client and take our revamped Character Creation and New Player Experience for a spin!
That’s just a small taste of the things you’ll be able to experience if you hop on to our Stability Test, but because it is an early environment, there are some things we want you to be aware of:
- This is a limited access stability test available to subscribers only. Not a subscriber? Sign up for the beta – we’ll be sending out invites in the coming weeks!
- The Stability Test client can be downloaded from the following link: http://wildstar.patc…WildStarPTR.exe
- The Stability Test server has no Customer Support.
- We are gladly accepting bug reports which can be reported by typing /bug in the chat window and Known Issues can be found here.
That’s it! Download the Stability Test client today and see all the great changes in store for Nexus! This is an exciting time for us and we’re very happy to bring you this Stability Test. Closed Beta isn’t far away, and we want to thank you for all of your help getting us there!
See you on Nexus!
System Requirements for the test server are:
Operating SystemWindows® XP SP3 (32-bit) or later
Processor (CPU)Intel® Pentium® Core2 Duo 2.4 GHz, AMD Phenom™ X3 2.3 GHz, or better
Graphics CardNVIDIA GeForce® 8800 GT, ATI® Radeon® HD 4850, or better
Storage30GB free HDD space
Screen Resolution1024x768 minimum display resolution
Peripherals Keyboard & mouse
If you’re hoping to have a sneak peak of the Drop 6 content.. don’t be totally disappointed.. while this isn’t the official Drop 6/F2P Beta… there is some of the Drop 6 goodness to be found, as mentioned in Sunshine’s post.
We get access to the New Character Generator, omni-bits (and the new storefront that goes with them), a peak at the loyalty rewards, and a look at the dungeon changes that have been made.
Go forth, and stability test!